METIS and Company of Angels have created The Pattern resource pack around World Factory’s research tools, The Shirt and the Digital Quilt.
It has been developed across workshops, seminars and consultations over six months, with input and advice from a wide range of artistic and educational institutions and individuals. These include:
- Workshop at the Young Vic, London with teachers and creative learning practitioners.
- Seminar at the Cambridge University Faculty of Education with trainee R.S. teachers.
- Seminar at the Cambridge University Faculty of Education with trainee Design and Technology teachers.
- Seminar at Birkbeck, University of London as part of Community Theatre module of B.A. Theatre Studies.
- Sixth form conference for 180 students at Presdales School, Hertfordshire, as part of a Values Education collapsed day on the textile industry.
- Consultation with teaching staff at Dunraven School, London.
- Consultation with teaching staff at Camden School for Girls, London.
- Two Creative Learning Lounges at the New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich.
To find out further information and to purchase The Pattern, please click here
Many thanks go to:
Imogen Brodie, Director of Taking Part, Young Vic
Sian Thomas, Creative Associate (Learning), New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich
Mary Earl, lecturer at Cambridge Faculty of Education
Martin Lee, R.S. teacher, Presdales School
Bill Nicholl, lecturer, Cambridge Faculty of Education
Michael Corley, Head of Bridge, Norfolk and Norwich Festival
Seda Itler, lecturer and course convenor, Birkbeck
Blon Byrne, Geography teacher, Notre Dame School, London
Julia Gibson and David Gunn, English and History teachers at Camden School for Girls, London
Jordan Noble-Smith and Edward Rice, Geography and English teachers at Dunraven School, London
And all who were involved in the development of The Pattern resource pack.